To get hired for the top auto mechanic jobs, your resume needs to pass inspection. Use this sample resume for an automotive mechanic below as your guide, and download the auto mechanic sample resume in Word.
- Highly skilled and dependable with hands-on experience and excellent training to perform service, diagnostics, and repairs on domestic and imported automobiles and trucks.
- Contribute to repeat and referral business through strong problem-solving skills and commitment to top-quality workmanship and excellent customer service.
- Expertise interpreting technical specifications; provide leadership to other mechanics to increase repair accuracy, minimize lost time, and ensure safety compliance.
- Participate in continuous training and professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of rapidly advancing automotive technologies.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) – Automotive Technology, Mechanical (2005)
Metropolitan Community College, Kansas City, Missouri
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) – A1, A4, A5, A6, A7
Standley Automotive – Topeka, Kansas
Lead Technician - 12/2013 to Present
Supervise four full-time mechanics and two apprentices in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing a wide variety of vehicle makes and models. Manage day-to-day schedule and operations of repair shop, maintaining strong focus on quality workmanship and customer service. Evaluate accuracy of diagnoses and approve recommended repairs. Complete records, warranty documentation, and ensure proper maintenance of tools and equipment. Meet face-to-face with customers to provide estimates and explain repairs.
- Integral in establishing service and repair shop grounded on high-quality workmanship by providing strong leadership and motivation to junior mechanics and apprentices.
- Led service and repair shop in achieving two nationally recognized Service Excellence awards for quality of work and commitment to customer service.
Mr. Jack’s Import Repair – Topeka, Kansas
Automotive Technician - 10/2010 to 11/2013
Conducted automotive inspections, diagnostics, and repairs on European imports to include engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes, clutches, starters, axles, steering gears, carburetors, fuel systems, cooling systems, and other mechanical and electrical systems. Maintained accurate hours and repair records.
- Built solid reputation as highly skilled and quality-driven mechanic; entrusted with increased responsibility, often supervising other mechanics.
- Recognized by management for expertise and routinely called upon for recommendations; provided valuable guidance that led to avoidance of lost time and damaged parts.
Sam’s Truck and Auto – Topeka, Kansas
Mechanic - 3/2007 to 10/2010
Specialized in repair of automatic and manual transmissions as well as repair, realignment, and replacement of brake systems. Assisted lead mechanics with diagnosis and repair of all units and systems.
- Maintained constant dedication to quality, maximized accuracy, and ensured jobs were completed correctly the first time.
- Displayed solid commitment and loyalty to the company, often working overtime as needed.
MetroAuto – Kansas City, Missouri
Automotive Mechanic Trainee - 2/2005 to 2/2007
Worked under direction of master mechanic, rotating through diagnosis and repair of automotive systems and units. Conducted routine service and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrated talent for quickly and accurately diagnosing mechanical failures and determining corrective actions.
- Advanced through program faster than other trainees by maintaining commitment to continually increasing knowledge and skills.
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. To see if your resume could use some overhauling, view this sample resume for an equipment operator below, and download the sample resume for an equipment operator in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Safety-conscious with extensive experience operating large-scale equipment involving
industrial, municipal, and residential construction-site preparation
- Proficient with backhoes, excavators, graders, rollers, aerial buckets, skip loaders, boom trucks, water trucks, dump trucks, stompers, breakers, and sweepers.
- Excel at coordinating site preparation and guiding crews to complete jobs on time and to specifications.
- Outstanding safety record; ensure continuous availability of equipment through steadfast focus on regularly scheduled maintenance and comprehensive safety inspections.
- Effective communication skills demonstrated through positive interactions with site managers, outside contractors, and junior on-site staff.
Limestone Momentum — Phoenix, Arizona - 6/2010 to Present
Lead Equipment Operator
Oversee and directly perform extensive site preparation activities for company specializing in major industrial construction projects. Examine site conditions and conduct soil analyses. Operate earthmovers, graders, backhoes, and front loaders. Coordinate major equipment repairs with vendors and perform daily safety and operability inspections. Supervise team of four equipment operators, providing training to optimize workflow and ensure operations comply with regulatory requirements.
- Achieved 96% operability rate for equipment due to continual emphasis on regular maintenance and inspection.
- Demonstrated strong capacity for team building by leading site preparation team to complete mission-critical projects on time or ahead of schedule.
Rockin’ Earthworks — Phoenix, Arizona - 3/2007 to 6/2010
Senior Maintenance Worker
Operated several types of heavy construction equipment for municipal projects requiring backhoes, skip loaders, stompers, boom trucks, and sweepers. Identified equipment needs to complete multiple projects targeting street, sidewalk, and sewer line construction, maintenance, and repair. Ensured optimal operating condition of equipment; performed minor fixes and reported major repair needs to management. Trained junior maintenance staff on equipment safety.
- Commended for dedication and commitment; held perfect attendance record for three years.
- Maximized equipment uptime by suggesting improvements for reporting and completing repairs.
Macondo Industrial, Inc. — Phoenix, Arizona - 1/2003 to 2/2007
Performed site preparation work for residential construction company; operated various equipment such as backhoes, graders, front loaders, dump trucks, aerial buckets, water trucks, and small Bobcat tractors. Excavated foundations, leveled sites, prepared drainage and sewer lines, and performed gravel backfilling. Communicated extensively with site manager and contractors to ensure completed work met specifications.
- Proactively learned to read and interpret blueprints with accuracy.
- Commended as hardworking team player; remained flexible and committed to ensuring on-time project completion.
State of Arizona Class ‘C’ Commercial Driver’s License
On-site Equipment Safety Program