Every year people all over celebrate World Environment Day, with plans in mind to save earth and the environment. But sometimes we need to ask ourselves “will we really execute our plans?” The existence of nature is the proof of our own existence and everybody appreciates the existence of water, forest, animals, songbird, flora, and fauna, but unfortunately, these can be misused and end up being harmed. The environment is polluted by various things such as radioactive elements, plastics, sewage, domestic waste and industrial pollution.
Nobody is a perfect environmentalist, however, together we can take some honest steps to reduce the number of resources consumed and waste that is generated.
Take a look below at some ideas and tips on how we can do this. Let’s protect the planet and go green to save our environment!
- You can reduce the water wastage by:-
- Reducing your bathing time
- Install a low-flow showerhead
- Turn off the water in the sink while shaving or brushing your teeth
- Submerge a full water bottle in the toilet tank to shift or move water and make it a low flow model to save water with each flush
- Fix leaking pipes
- Recycle water in your home
- Where possible, try not to use water as a cleaning solution. Baking Soda and Vinegar can work just as well as other cleaning products.
- Install aeration nozzles on all taps
Water conservation is very necessary as a lot of energy is required to pump water from the river into your home.
- Unplug chargers, turn off lights and appliances not in use like computers, laptops, and phones when you leave for the day.
- Replace regular light bulbs in your home with compact fluorescent bulbs
- Join the carpool or public transportation to save fuel and its cost.
- Avoid using disposable cup or coffee mug at work in order to save space in the landfill and energy. You can bring your own ceramic cup or coffee mug to work.
- When you make purchases, try to opt for the brands that use recyclable packaging.
- Bring your meal in a reusable container and don’t buy an additional plastic container for it. Don’t generate waste with a plastic fork and plastic takeout container. Use a reusable container if bringing in lunch from home.
- Start a recycling program in your home, office or community.
- Start paying your bills online and ask companies to stop paper bills from being sent to you. Print and copy on both sides of the paper. It helps to save paper and trees.
- Use reusable grocery bags rather than plastic bags
- Get your IT equipment like computers, laptop, printer, and phones recycled or decomposed in order to reduce related air pollution and water pollution. It can take a million years to decompose. Contact a company offers IT equipment recycling or disposal services in your area.
- Use a more eco-friendly disposable or cloth in place of nappy of the child as it adds million tons of waste in landfills each year.
- Recycle newspaper, bows and gift bags by reusing them. You can also create something unique by using old newspaper, maps, and cloth.
- Instead of purchasing a plastic water bottle, buy an appropriate reusable container. A plastic bottle takes thousands of years to decompose and because it’s not recycled or biodegradable.
- Plant a tree to reduce air pollution as shady landscape enhances the value of your property and reduce the energy consumption
- Put the cruise control button on your car to work as you can get better mileage. With increasing gasoline prices, this is a boon for your budget and the environment too.
- You can save about 10% of your energy use by adjusting your thermostat 1% cooler in winter and 1% higher in summer.
- Try to get your phone recycled as it introduces very harmful and toxic substances into the environment and go into landfills.
- Maintain your vehicle by regularly checking the air filter and giving it a clean. This will help your car more efficiently. It’s also important to inflate your tyres to a specific pressure as it reduces tyre-wear and helps the fuel economy.
- You can conserve energy in your home by
- Setting your freezer temperature 0-5 or refrigerator temperature at 36-38
- Minimising door opening while using the oven
- Avoid using chemicals to clean your home, use a microfiber cloth
- Buy wooden toys instead of throwaway plastic toys
- Take the stairs instead of using lifts.
Katie Baker writes on behalf of Eco Green IT Recycling, a company which provides electronic waste recycling solutions. Apart from writing, she likes to explore the world with her camera.
More and more people are thinking about the environmental issues and ecological condition of Earth nowadays. Why has this problem become so relevant? What should we do to save our future? In my opinion, people have understood that their irresponsibility causes harm to the natural environment. Our planet suffers from numerous problems, which have been caused by the results of the excessive anthropogenic activity. The entire planet suffers from pollution, global warming, deforestation, extinction of biological species, etc. These problems are extremely relevant and require rapid and intensive solutions. It is possible to defeat these problems if the entire humanity changes its approach towards nature, natural resources and the value of nature for its wellbeing. In simple words, people should go green to save Earth.
Why should we take efforts now in order to save Earth in future? Very few people understand that it is important to change their lifestyle now in order to see the results of these changes in a few decades. Doubtless, you will not grow a big forest in a year. You can plant a small tree but it will grow to its proper height only in ten or fifteen years. To my mind, this activity resembles investment into a small firm. In a few years, the firm develops into a big company, which will provide you with the solid profit. Consequently, it is not right to say that the idea of going green is useless. When you do not see the results of your activity now, it does not mean that you will not see them in ten years.
Furthermore, we must not be selfish. It is important to think about the wellbeing of our children and grandchildren. We are responsible for the natural environment and problems, which will become the burden for our children. I know that many people do not care about the condition of Earth after their death. They say that it is the headache of our future generations. I suppose, it is the main problem. People do not care about future and they do not appreciate what they have. This approach is caused by greediness and consumerism. People want more money and material values in order to satisfy their needs. They are ready to exhaust the world they live in. They cut down forests, kill animals, birds and fish and pollute rivers, lakes, seas and oceans. They care about their profit and nothing more. No wonder, people open new and new plants, factories and power stations, which cause harm to the natural environment but provide them with money. It looks ridiculous when people are ready to destroy forests and pollute rivers in order to gain profit. People do not appreciate fresh air and water, though they cannot survive a minute without them. They are ready to live in the unhealthy, terribly-looking and polluted environment in order to receive more money. Finally, they will have to pay for their treatment at a hospital, because they breathe in polluted air and consume contaminated food and water.
How can we save our planet from the results of our harmful activity? To begin with, we should reduce pollution, because it the cause of numerous problems. We must not litter in the street, parks and forests. We should recycle wastes in order to save our priceless natural recourses. We should use public transport more frequently, because it does not release numerous harmful gases, which cause greenhouse effect and global warming. Next, entrepreneurs should use special filters at plants, factories and power stations in order to reduce the amount of poisonous emissions into the air and water. Then, people should stop cutting down forests, because they are the lungs of Earth. Moreover, every forest is a home for thousands of animals, birds and insects, which improve the balance of ecosystems.
In conclusion, our unwise and extensive activity causes harm to the natural environment. We lose priceless natural resources, fresh air, water, forests, animals, birds, fish, insects, etc. People should change their lifestyle rapidly in order to stop deforestation, global warming, pollution and other problems, which can destroy the life on the planet. We ought to go green in order to save the life of future generations.
This short essay on such a popular topic is provided by http://smartwritingservice.com writing company which produces custom written essays.